FAQ Facebook District 16 Calegion.org Legion.org California Legionnaire

Veteran Treatment Courts


About Veterans Treatment Court (VTC)

VTC Mentor Flier

The San Luis Obispo County, Veterans Treatment Courts assists veterans who have entered the criminal justice system receive treatment and rehabilitation from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

Veterans are eligible for treatment court if the criminal activity is attributed to conditions like Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, traumatic brain injury, sexual trauma and other triggers related to military service. The program is also designed to assist local agencies by having the VA provide staff in courts, provide treatment and use trained volunteer mentors who will assist veterans through their individualized treatment and rehabilitation plans.

For more information, please contact the County Veterans Services Department at 805.781.5766 or visit www.slovets.org

In order to qualify:

Court begins at 9 a.m. in Department 6 of the San LUis Obispo Superior Court, for more information please contact Dana Cummings at the San Luis Obispo County Veterans Services Office 805-781-5766, or email dcummings@co.slo.ca.us for more information.

Presentation on VTC (Power Point presentation)

VA Resources

Explore Benefits that Help Veterans Thrive

Disability Compensation

Education & Training

Employment Services

Health Care

Home Loans

Life Insurance

Memorial Benefits


Spouses & Survivors



Veteran Service Organization Partnering

Partnering with a Veterans Service Oganization (VSO)

The Fully Developed Claims (FDC) Program allows Veterans and their families to receive the fastest VA decisions on their compensation, pension, and DIC claims. Each section in this six-part video series highlights key features of the FDC Program and eClaims process. Section Three explains the benefits of working with a Veterans Service Organization (VSO) to submit an FDC. To find a VSO near you, log into www.ebenefits.va.gov or visit www.va.gov/vso.

VA Online Resources

  • Veteran Service Records (DD-214) - Request Military Service Records
  • Standard Form 180 PDF - Request Military Records - http://www.archives.gov/research/order/standard-form-180.pdf
  • U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - http://www.va.gov/
  • VA Forms - www.va.gov/forms/
  • USA Jobs "Working for America" - Job Search Page
  • US Department of Labor - Hire a Veteran
  • US Department of Defense - DOD Web Site
  • Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) - https://iris.custhelp.com/